ECPI University Anime Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Pokemon Tournament: Time to Mix things Up

Go down

New Pokemon Tournament: Time to Mix things Up Empty New Pokemon Tournament: Time to Mix things Up

Post by Azumari Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:56 am

Tournament Setup

Participants will have parties of 6; these Pokémon must be approved by the Event Coordinators/Proctors before they may be entered. Once these Pokémon have been entered, no substitutes can be made and no items may be swapped; however, move sets may be altered with the approval of the Event Coordinators/Proctors. This is an effort to prevent potential cheating. If caught, you will be disqualified.

Preliminaries

• 3 Pokémon Per Round
  • Pokémon will be set to Level 50
  • Each Match will be Best of 3
  • Matches will be conducted as Round Robins

Semi-Finals

• 6 Pokémon Per Round
  • Pokémon will be set to Level 50
  • Each Match will be Best of 3 (may be changed)
  • Matches will be conducted as Tournament Brackets

Finals

• 6 Pokémon
  • Pokémon will be set to 50
  • Winner Takes all 1 round

The following rules are based on the last tournament, my experience, and group consensus.

The Following Clauses will be in effect:

Sleep Clause: You lose if, at the end of your turn, two of your opponent's Pokémon were put to sleep by a move you used, but were not forced into, and neither has had their sleep removed since then.

• The clause basically means that if you have already put a Pokémon on your opponent's side to sleep and it is still sleeping, you can't put another one to sleep

• A move you were "forced into" is a move you must use because all other moves (that cannot inflict sleep) are disabled (by Choice item, Encore, or some combination of Taunt, Disable, Torment, and lack of PP) and you cannot switch (due to trapping moves, trapping abilities, Ingrain, or having all other Pokémon be fainted).

• A move you used includes moves called by Metronome, Sleep Talk, Assist, Me First, or Copycat. It does not include Magic Coat or Magic Bounce.

• Rest, used by either player, is never counted by this clause.

Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Thus:

• A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.

• A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Pain Split on its moveset.

• A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Fling on its moveset.

Species Clause: A player cannot use two Pokémon that share the same National Pokédex ID number.

Evasion Clause: A Pokémon may not have the moves Double Team or Minimize within its moveset.

OHKO Clause: A Pokémon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset

Pokémon may only use moves that have been learned through one of the following methods:

• By leveling up
  • By TM or HM
  • As an Egg Move, through breeding
  • From a character in the game
  • A move already known by a Pokémon received at an official Pokémon event or promotion

Match Resolution
A player wins by making his or her opponent’s final Pokémon faint.

• If the player’s final Pokémon used Selfdestruct, Explosion, Destiny Bond, or Final Gambit, and both players’ final Pokémon faint as a result, the player who used the move loses that game.

• If a player’s final Pokémon used Double‐Edge, Volt Tackle, Flare Blitz, Take Down, Submission, Brave Bird, Wood Hammer, Head Smash, Struggle, Head Charge, or Wild Charge, or was holding Life Orb, and both players’ final Pokémon faint as a result, the player who used the move wins that game.

• If both players’ final Pokémon faint due to a weather condition, such as Hail or Sandstorm, the player whose Pokémon faints last wins the game. This includes the effects of Perish Song.

• If a Pokémon’s Ability (such as Rough Skin, Aftermath, Liquid Ooze, or Iron Barbs) or held item (such as Rocky Helmet) results in each player’s final Pokémon fainting, the player whose Pokémon had the Ability or held item wins the game.

• A player who selects “Run” during a battle will count as a loss for that individual for that round/match, whether selected intentionally or not.

• If an error in setup occurs (intentional or not) that forces the round to be reset, the player that caused the error will take a loss. Example: You accidentally select all 6 of your Pokémon when you were only suppose to use 3.

Banlist

Pokémon
**After extensive testing the following will be the new ban-list for this tournament**

• No more than 2 Pokémon that fall under the classification of Uber (based on Smogon and Official Standards) may be present in your party.

The following fall under this classification:

• Arceus
    • Blaziken
    • Darkrai
    • Deoxyx (all forms)
    • Dialga
    • Genesect
    • Giratina/Giratina-O
    • Groudon
    • Ho-Oh
    • Kyogre
    • Kyurem-W
    • Lugia
    • Mewtwo
    • Palkia
    • Rayquaza
    • Reshiram
    • Shaymin-S
    • Xerneas
    • Yveltal
    • Zekrom

• No more than two Pokémon that are classified by the game as Legendary Pokémon may be present in your party.

• This limit goes hand-in-hand with the Uber limit, which means that these two bans are not separate limits but one in the same. Therefore you can't have (for example) Arceus, Darkrai, Entei and Suicune in your party nor could you have Arceus, Darkrai, and Suicune. Reason behind this is that you already have two Legendary Pokémon (Arceus and Darkrai) even though those two are part of the Uber list and the other two (Entei and Suicune) are not.

Note: This is meant to see everyone's skills. I personally do not like or approve of banning a Pokemon, because I feel that makes the Pokemon's existence meaningless; however, with that said, I also think that if all you can use are Legendary or "Uber" class Pokemon, it gives the impression that you are incompetent as a trainer.

Items

• Brightpowder -- Due to it's accuracy reduction properties and to follow the "Evasion Clause"
  • No more than two Pokémon may be holding the same item. (I feel leniency is needed here)

Last edited by Azumari on Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:51 pm; edited 6 times in total
Azumari
Azumari
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Back to top Go down

New Pokemon Tournament: Time to Mix things Up Empty Re: New Pokemon Tournament: Time to Mix things Up

Post by Azumari Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:57 am

At present the banlist stands. If anyone has an issue with this, you may address this with me at any time. You can send me an e-mail at brapar5190@students.ecpi.edu (please be sure to label the subject as "Pokemon Tournament") or talk with me in the Anime Club. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.

If you think that my banlist is too lenient, feel free to challenge me in a battle to prove this to me or show me a valid and well-explained reasoning. Please note that I will shoot down any and all responses that begins with "Well Smogon says" or anything of a similar nature involving Smogon that sounds like you only follow Smogon, they are not the law nor are they a well rounded community; 90% of all of Smogon's listings and information is based solely on meta game-play. This means that they only go by what is most popularly used. All Pokemon have a weakness, it is a matter of strategic planning and that is what I'm looking to see.

Last edited by Azumari on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:32 pm; edited 4 times in total
Azumari
Azumari
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Back to top Go down

New Pokemon Tournament: Time to Mix things Up Empty Re: New Pokemon Tournament: Time to Mix things Up

Post by Azumari Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:58 am

Tournament will be held on Saturday, September 27th at the Virginia Beach ECPI University Campus in room 360. The registration will begin at 10 am and the tournament will begin at 11 am; any exceptions to this will be at the proctors discretion. Tournament will run until 4 pm at the latest as that is the end of the time window we have available. Registration is $5.00, there is no exception to this at all.

The Anime Club will most likely be providing drinks to be enjoyed; however, it is unlikely that there will be any snacks. The school has vending machines which are roughly $1 for just about every snack. The café may or may not be open, so please plan accordingly. Average meal from the café is usually $5-7. Feel free to bring your own snacks.

Last edited by Azumari on Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:03 am; edited 3 times in total
Azumari
Azumari
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Azumari Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:58 am

Amendments to the rulings:

• Aegislash is now part of the "Uber" list and will therefore apply to the Uber rulings
Azumari
Azumari
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down