ECPI University Anime Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non - Mainstream Games. Why We love them

2 posters

Go down

Non - Mainstream Games. Why We love them Empty Non - Mainstream Games. Why We love them

Post by Azumari Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:11 pm

Alright everyone, let's see what non-mainstream games you enjoy playing and why. Feel free to go into as little or as much detail as you'd like and why you like playing them. If possible, give us some titles that we can look into ourselves.
Azumari
Azumari
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Non - Mainstream Games. Why We love them Empty Re: Non - Mainstream Games. Why We love them

Post by Azumari Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:12 pm

I will go ahead and start up the thread.
My personal favorite Non-Mainstream game(s) is actually a very long series that has held up as an occult classic for years, and part of it recently came to light in the eyes of mainstream viewers/gamers, ultimately re-enforcing its standing. The world of Shin Megami Tensei is a very powerful series, in my opinion, and I have loved it since I first encountered the series back in 2000. My reasons for loving it are how well crafted the stories are, the fact that all of the games are interconnected in some way, many have multiple endings, the stories often have a strong dark overtone, and the fascinating use of common lore and mythology within the stories. I will always be a huge fan of this series, and love to talk about it. For those of you interested, the following is a small list of games that belong to the SMT series, that have been translated and released in the US:

1. Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
  3. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  4. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
  5. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2
  6. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
  7. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army
  8. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon
  9. Revelations: Persona
  10. Persona 2: Innocent Sin
  11. Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
  12. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
  13. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
  14. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
  15. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
  16. Persona 4 Arena
  17. DemiKids: Light Version
  18. DemiKids: Dark Version
  19. Revelations: The Demon Slayer
  20. Jack Bros
  21. Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine
  22. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
  23. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
  24. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2

As you can see there are many many games that belong to this world, Unfortunately, this is barely half of what is out there. All of the games are interconnected in some way, shape, or form with a viable timeline in place that tells of the chain of events. I highly recommend checking them out and see for yourself.
Azumari
Azumari
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Non - Mainstream Games. Why We love them Empty Re: Non - Mainstream Games. Why We love them

Post by Kobiaga Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:40 pm

I love the smt series to death even though its edgy pokemon. Don't know if you know, but they're localizing Shin Megami Tensei on IOS which I'm kinda bummed about since I only use android. It would have been much better if they ported it to the 3ds or something.
Kobiaga
Kobiaga
Vice President
Vice President

https://ecpianime.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Azumari Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:25 pm

They have been porting a lot of their game over to the 3DS, PSP and VITA as of recent. I was unaware of that news about the iOS though. Although some will call it "edgy" Pokémon, it actually began long before Pokémon was a thing. I'm not sure if you are aware of this fact, but SMT actually began as a novel back in the late 1980s by Aya Nishitani. The book is titled: Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei.

Also: "Megami Tensei" translates to "Goddess Reincarnation" and "Shin Megami Tensei" is "True Goddess Reincarnation". Both MT and SMT belong to the same line
Azumari
Azumari
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down