ECPI University Anime Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Reading Right Now?

Go down

What Are You Reading Right Now? Empty What Are You Reading Right Now?

Post by Azumari Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:45 pm

I wanna hear about everyone's current reading list (manga of course). Tell us the name, a brief synopsis (just a simple "what it's about"), and what about it you like. For now, let's limit it to 5.

I shall begin this:

1) Zetman:
The story starts off with a face-off between two rival heroes, ZET and Alphas, and then traces their origins – Jin Kanzaki, a young man with the ability to transform into a superhuman being known as ZET, and Kouga Amagi, a young man with a strong sense of justice who uses technology to fight as Alphas.

The fates of these two men and those around them intertwine as they fight to protect mankind and destroy monstrous abominations known as Players, who ironically are the creations of the Amagi Corporation, the company founded by Kouga's grandfather, Mitsugai Amagi.

What I like about it: Well what can I say? It has everything the average twisted guy looks for in his stories. It's not for everyone, but the storyline alone is amazing. I greatly enjoyed the way the story was introduced

2) Dance in the Vampire Bund:
The story revolves around Mina Tepeş, princess-ruler of all vampires, and her protector -- Akira. Like other vampires, Mina has been in hiding with her people for many years. Seeking to end centuries of isolation, Mina gains permission to create a special district for vampires, "The Bund," off the coast of Japan by paying off the entire national debt of the Japanese government. Mina then reveals to the world the existence of vampires and her desire for both races to live together. Tensions, however, run high as fearful humans and extremist vampire factions begin to interfere with Mina's wish for peace with the human world

What I like about it: It's a fascinating take on the lore of vampires with the story of one of the strongest working to create a vampire utopia. I love the way the author lays out the story before the reader, and I find the various twists fascinating.

3) Yubisaki Milk Tea:
Yubisaki Milk Tea revolves around Yoshinori Ikeda, a high school student, who is one day convinced to fill in for his sister for a modeling job while she went on a date. He cross-dresses in his first female outfit as a bride, before ultimately discovering that he enjoys dressing like a girl. He has a young childhood friend named Hidari Morii that he is interested in, but he is unsure of his feelings, as there is another girl he likes in his own class—Minamo Kurokawa. Incidentally, Minamo is the class head, and top student, but she has trouble opening up to people, especially men, due to an incident in her past. Yoshinori remedies this by dressing up, when he is able to become Yuki—the name he chose for himself in feminine form. As the story goes on, Yoshinori is still unable to choose which of the two girls he likes more and all the while feelings of love between everyone are growing ever stronger.

What I like about it: It's a fascinating story that kept me wanting more. It's not for everyone, but it's one of my favorites. Minor downfall - When TOKYOPOP shut down their North American branch the translation of the final volume was canceled.

4) Dragon Eye
Forty years ago a terrible virus spread throughout the world, and people and animals alike were infected and transformed into horrible monsters that eat the flesh and drink the blood of the uninfected. These creatures were hence forth known as "Dracules" (after the famous vampire) and what created them the "D-virus". Even worse, because the virus affects the sufferer immediately, a cure has never been developed; the only way to "save" its victims is to kill them. Luckily, there are those who were born with an immunity to the D-virus - they are the VIUS, a Dracule elimination force based in the city of Mikuni who safeguard humanity from extinction.

What I like about it: It's amazingly action packed, a fun read, a nice balance of seriousness and humor, and the main character is one hell of an enigma. A minor downfall is that the author/creator fell terribly ill and the series is on a hiatus

5) Ral Ω Grad (presently re-reading)
In a world where demonic creatures named shadows enter our realm through their very namesakes, little is safe. However, when a young boy by the name of Ral becomes friends with the shadow inside him, he may be the last hope in saving the world. Ral lives on the island of Sphaein, in the kingdom of Sphaelite. There he has been enlisted to protect the kingdom from evil shadows that wish to destroy it. With the aid of his shadow, a large blue dragon named Grad, and his teacher, Mio, Ral can take on any challenger.

What I like about it: Action Packed, it's an amazing story, an alternate take of the "Blue Dragon" story, it's only 4 volumes long, and worth the read
Azumari
Azumari
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum